Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Test Shoot Experience

 I was nervous during the first shooting because it was my first time making a short video. As my actor and I started working, I began to loosen up and just have fun with the project. I became so focused on getting the shots the way I wanted that I wasn't paranoid anymore about breaking the equipment or some random situation that would mess everything up. 

One problem I'm sure I might've had with the video is that the first scenes might not have came out clear. I thought that we were not supposed to use some of the other light settings on the camera as well as other lighting. The only major problem was that my second actor did not show up for the rehearsal so I found someone else to replace him.

Being a director felt strange because I was telling my friends what to do. Overall there was good communication between us. My actor understood what I wanted from them, the characters, and they cooperated well. We did not get through the entire script because the remaining actor had to leave, but we were able to get through half of it. 
One of my biggest concerns was making sure that the actors were not bored with the script or during the rehearsal. If they dreaded the script or the rehearsal, then it might have shown in the acting. Also, I wanted to create a loose, comfortable atmosphere with the actors on and off camera. Because everyone was not uptight about this being a homework assignment, or how they looked on camera made this a fun experience. I did not playback the video because I do not want it to mess up on Final Cut, but hopefully the video came out decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment