Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Response to Manifesto Feedback

I got some good feedback for my manifesto critique. I was nervous about presenting it because I know that there is huge anime fan base on campus and I may have offended some people. The manifesto is based off of feelings I have had about anime that I have been holding in. One thing I was warned about was appearing stereotypical. Someone suggested pointing out cultural and social topics through my topic to counter that appearance.

For the movie:

Should the movie be about a character that is continually ranting about the negative aspects of today's anime? 

About negative aspects of otaku or a really annoying otaku. common BASIC meaning of an otaku-one who has an interest in anime.

Does subject have to be about anime? Can the performance be used to comment on another subject?

Can it be about an annoying person ranting?
What culural or social topics can I comment on in general or through the anime.

HOW I WOULD CHANGE ESSAY:
commenting on other subjects through anime. I've  been researching stuff about subliminal messages in media lately.

cite stuff characters (s) are ranting about fro credibility.

going to a comic store and filming store owners/ employees views about todays anime /otaku culture.

IDEAS? SUGGESTIONS? HELP!!!






2 comments:

  1. I would personally love to see a neville performance piece. You could embody everything that annoys you about anime, and then maybe you could rant about it on a voice over or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm willing to bet there is a ton of Anime fans on youtube ranting about how much they love a certain show, maybe check those out and see how you can use their info to help you enhance your performance.

    ReplyDelete